More confident on camera for content creationMay 11, 2022
Most marketers don't know how to harness the power of video.
Our story-led video strategy engages with customers at every stage of their journey into your community.
Most of your competitors are only just waking up to the incredible power of video in sales and marketing. People buy from people, and video is very much person to person. Below are ideas for videos that will attract and engage your people at different stages of their jounrey into your community.
Video storytelling that gets attention and creates awareness.
- Company overviews - who you are
- Brand stories - what you stand for
- Client stories - what others think about you
- Vlog-style videos - take them along with you on your journey
- Concept films - strong emotiomal triggers
- Event sizzles - Short highlights of a recent event
Helpful video content to get them through the "Messy Middle" (Google)
- How to’s - practical and helpful - show you can solve their problem
- FAQs - answer questions they might have
- Education - enlighten, inspire, motivate
- Interviews - talk to experts who address issues and problems your target audience might be experiencing
- Behind the scenes - starting to feel connection on a human level with the people behind the business
- Thought leadership - this is what you stand for - the right people will be attracted to that message - these are your customers
- Entertainment and ‘bingeable’ social media content - they’ll enjoy it and want more - YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn - they’ll want to be notified when more videos comes out
Sales-focussed videos that persuade and convert
- Product demos - show and tell, and make them want it
- Walk throughs - manufacturing process (if applicable) or service ‘in action’
- Use cases - how things work in customer’s situation
- Testimonials - powerful social proof
- Customer case studies - in-depth social proof (especially B2B)
- Landing page videos - powerful direct sales messages
- 1-2-1 sales videos - to be used within the sales process (not for YouTube etc)
Videos that help create a great customer experience and build the community
- ‘Thank you’ video - personalised video message to say “Welcome to the community” - from the CEO, account manager, or someone representing company
- Personalised 1-2-1 video messaging - employ easy-to-use video messaging tools
- On-boarding videos - a drip video sequence in the days after they buy your product showing how to get the most from their purchase
- Milestones - video content and messaging to keep them on board leading up to subscription renewals - make them want to stick around
- Community building - people want to belong - videos highlighting their peers in the community - get them interacting - building communities is the foundation of things to come